TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
I’ve always been a fan of cauliflower—particularly since it is such a versatile veggie. Chef Audrey Synder introduced me to this supremely simple but tasty dish—Cauliflower Agrodolce (sweet and sour). It was served with an arugula-blood orange salad and mushroom soup.
- 2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cups of Cippolini onions, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of sherry wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of parsley
- 6 tablespoons of capers (optional)
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Blanch cauliflower florets for approximately 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Sauté the onions and the garlic in olive oil until they start to tenderize, about 2 minutes
- Add the vinegar and put on a slow simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, stirring to combine all the liquid. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking and then cook for another 2 minutes. Add capers if you would like for some extra saltiness.
- Garnish with parsley.
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo Vegan