Chile and Sage Roasted Acorn Squash
Acorn squash—along with many other Cucurbitas—are good eating alone as a side or within other dishes, like a salad. Chef Rachel Lauginiger decided to compliment the sweetness of the acorn squash with a little chile and sage.
- 2 acorn squash, halved, seeded, and cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sage, (fresh or dried)
- 1 teaspoon red chile
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a baking sheet, toss squash with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, sage and chile.
- Arrange squash so they fit in a single layer on the baking sheet; roast until tender for about 30 minutes. Be sure to flip them around the 15 minute mark. Use them as a side or do what Rachel did and throw them into a salad!
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo Vegan