Crispy Prosciutto-wrapped Asparagus
TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
Asparagus pairs nicely as a side with so many dishes. Have it steamed and drizzled in ghee and salt under wild salmon or steam and serve cold in a fresh green salad. Or in this case—wrap it in prosciutto and bake in an oven. All it takes is a handful ingredients and you have the perfect finger food for yourself or a party.
- 12 medium-sized asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2.5 ounces of prosciutto
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Set oven to broil. Arrange rack about a half a food below where it heats up.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season appropriately. Make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Starting near the spear of the asparagus, wrap each with 1 slice of prosciutto. This is the fun part where you spiral it to the end. Only overlap the prosciutto slightly. Repeat this for all the asparagus.
- Place onto the baking sheet and make sure the asparagus aren't touching one another.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes. Remove the baking sheet and flip the asparagus to get an even broil. Crisp for another 3-4 minutes. Watch so it doesn't brown too much!
Non-Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo