Delicata Squash, Watermelon Radish, Chioggia Beet and Pomegranate Salad
TAGGED : Salad, SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
This Thanksgiving I wanted to create a show-stopping salad, so I went to the farmers market for all the bright fall colors: delicata squash, watermelon radishes, Chioggia (candy cane) beets, microgreens (amaranth, kale, and beet greens), shallots, and picked up a pomegranate as a topper.
- 1 delicata squash, cored and sliced in half moons
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces micorgreens
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds
- 1/2 shallot, diced
- 3 small Chioggia beets, matchsticked
- 3 small watermelon radishes, cut in half moons
- 3 medium-sized purple carrots, thinly sliced
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Place the delicata squash in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the slices to a baking tray lined with tinfoil. Bake at 300°F for 25 minutes, flipping the squash halfway through.
- While the squash is baking, toss all the other ingredients in a large bowl. Spritz with lemon, dress with a little salt and pepper and you're done!
- Once the delicata squash has cooled (approximately 2 minutes), add to the salad.
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo Vegan