French Green Lentils with Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes and Red Onions
TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
Lentils, particularly French green lentils, have pretty much become the staple go-to food in my home. They only take 15 minutes on the stovetop. And I’ll let you in on a little secret. If you get sprouted green lentils, they’re even quicker to cook up, clocking in at around 5 minutes. Add some spinach, cherry tomatoes, and red onion slices and you have yourself a perfect afternoon dish.
- 1 cup French Green lentils
- 3 cups homemade vegetable broth
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 12-14 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Bring homemade broth and lentils to a boil on high heat over the stovetop. Lower to medium heat and keep on a simmer for 15 minutes. Add a pinch of sea salt about 2 minutes before taking off stovetop.
- Drain any excess water from lentils and place in a bowl. Toss with the remainder of the ingredients and serve.
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo Vegan