Kale and Fresh Corn Salad with Microgreens
TAGGED : Salad, SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
I hit the jackpot this fall when my father grew too much Lacinato kale for his own good. As a result, I got to take quite a bit home. Corn still tasted fresh, so I shucked it straight from the ear, added a few microgreens that I had been growing indoors and topped everything off with a simple dressing of olive oil, lemon and salt.
- 12 large Lacinato Kale leaves, torn and stems removed
- 1 whole fresh corn, uncooked and shucked
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- handful of microgreens (in this salad, red sorrel and amaranth)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Massage the olive oil throughout the kale, softening the leaves up.
- Add corn to salad, then toss in the microgreens. Add salt, a squeeze of lemon and serve!
Vegetarian Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo Vegan