Kale Salad with Rainbow Carrots, Fava Beans, and Microgreens
TAGGED : Salad, SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
I was able to take home some Lacinato Kale from my dad’s garden and tossed it with some leftover rainbow carrots from the Farmers Market, fava beans, red sorrel and sunflower microgreens from GoodWater Farms. You can’t really go wrong when making this salad, but for recipe’s sake, here’s how to make it:
- 12 large Lacinato kale leaves, torn and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 fava beans
- 4 rainbow carrots, thinly sliced
- handful of microgreens (in this salad, red sorrel and sunflower)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Massage the olive oil throughout the kale, softening the leaves up.
- Remove fava beans from their pod, blanch, and remove second "coat" off the fava bean.
- Toss in rainbow carrots, fava beans and microgreens.
- Add salt, a squeeze of lemon and serve!
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo Vegan