Lemon-ginger Roasted Chicken
TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
- 1 3 pound whole roasted chicken
- 2 1/2 Meyer lemons
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, mashed
- 2-3 tablespoons ginger
- handful of rosemary (or thyme)
- 1 pound of carrots
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove chicken, wash and place in a baking pan. (I use a clay pot which works wonders! It stays juicy, well-marinated and never dries out! I don’t actually need to marinate the chicken beforehand, but if you want, you can marinate for at least 2 hours before).
- Mix ¼ cup of lemon juice and lemon zest together with a few drizzles of olive oil, salt and pepper. Combine the mashed garlic. Next pulverize 2-3 tbsp of ginger and mix well. Pour over chicken.
- Remove leaves from a handful of rosemary or thyme (both are delicious!) and place over chicken.
- Roast in oven for 1 ½ hours
Non-Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo