Mint and Dill Beets
TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
Over my summer sugar detox, I removed beets from my diet due to their high level of sugar. Since the winter months in the Northeast have a change of fruits and vegetables, I incorporated beets back into my meals. Here is a simple dish that brings together color and flavor to the dinner table. Recipe compliments of Audrey Snyder.
- 1 pound of beets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dill
- handful of fresh mint
- Fill a saucepan with water, set over high heat and bring water to a boil. Stir in some salt, and add beets; boil until beets can be pierced with a fork, about 40 minutes.
- Remove the beets, cool them for 3 minutes and remove the skins. Slice them in quarters.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the beets with a little more salt.
- Toss in a bowl with fresh dill and mint. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo Vegan