Mixed Green Salad with Chile and Sage-Roasted Acorn Squash
TAGGED : Salad, SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
On a sugar detox it is typical to limit fruit—but if you are keeping a couple servings of whole fruits in then I would suggest trying this salad. The tartness of the apples, the savory-sweetness of the acorn squash, and the freshness of the mixed greens makes this a perfect meal or side. Kudos to Chef Rachel Lauginiger for coming up with this dish!
- 2 5 ounce containers of mesclun mix
- 2 acorn squash, prepared as in here
- 2 tart apples, matchstick cut
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Roast the squash. Directions here.
- Matchstick the apples.
- Place the lettuce in a large salad bowl. Top with the squash and apple slices.
- Season with the salt and pepper, squeeze juice of lemon and drizzle with olive oil. Toss and serve.
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo Vegan