Mushroom Veggie Soup
TAGGED : Soup, SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
I’m a big believer in broth—and though you’ll see me constantly making chicken broth from chicken bones, this broth can be made by using mushrooms, onion, celery, carrots and some spices. After that you can transform it into a mouth-watering Mushroom veggie soup, as Chef Audrey Snyder did here.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced in 1/2 inch circles
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 8 cups mushroom broth (recipe here)
- 1 pound of carrots, chopped
- 6 sliced Portobello mushrooms (or whatever variety you have on hand)
- 2 cups of celery, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs thyme, stems removed
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil to a deep pot over medium heat. Add leeks and onion and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushroom broth and carrots and bring to a low boil for 15 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo Vegan