Oven-roasted Chicken with Black Olives, Onion and Thyme
TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
There are an endless variety of ways to cook a chicken but this version with olives, thyme and onions rises to the top of the delish list.
- 2 pounds of chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted and slivered
- 1 onion
- handful of thyme
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place chicken thighs in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon zest, olives, garlic, thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over chicken, making sure you coat both sides. Slice an onion and place in and around the chicken. Let all items marinate in the refrigerate for an hour or two—or even overnight if you have the time.
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F. Roast until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Reduce heat to around 375° F. Roast the chicken for another 35-40 minutes.
- Take the juice from the chicken, olives and lemon and spoon over the chicken.