Purple Sweet Potato and Parsley Root Soup
TAGGED : Soup, SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
This is quite possibly one of the most decadent, fit-for-a-king or -queen soups. The finish is incredibly silky and the natural sweetness from the parsley root and purple sweet potato makes your taste buds think they’re already on dessert!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 large purple sweet potatoes, sliced in half
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1" knob ginger, pureed
- 2 parsley roots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- white pepper, sprinkle
- 4 cups, vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup, Anita’s coconut yogurt or coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Rub 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the sweet potatoes and place the potatoes cut side down on baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F or until soft.
- While potatoes are baking, place the remainder of the olive oil in a medium soup pot. Sauté the shallot for 2 minutes or until fragrant and translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, parsley root, cumin, salt and pepper over medium heat for 3 more minutes. Add 2 cups of broth and stir over medium-low heat to soften the parsley root, about 7 minutes.
- Remove baked potatoes from oven. Let cool so you can peel potato skins. Add baked sweet potato flesh to the soup pot. Puree until smooth with an immersion blender or food processor. Transfer the puree into the pot and add remaining broth. Simmer gently for another 5 minutes. Top with coconut yogurt ( or cream ), pomegranates and serve.
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo Vegan