Roasted Delicata Squash in Chile Sauce
TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
- 1 delicata squash, halved, cored and sliced in 1/2 inch semi circles
- 3 dried Ancho, pasilla and/or guajillo chiles
- 2 cups of water
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 black peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the sliced delicata squash into a bowl.
- Separately prepare the chile sauce. Keep in mind working with chiles can burn your skin and you surely don't want to touch your eyes after! Wear gloves if you can. In order to make the chile sauce, get the chiles and remove seeds and stems.
- Place the chiles into a skillet over medium-high heat. Heat them for a little bit to toast them.
- Remove chiles and place them in a saucepan with about 2 cups of water. Boil them. Let them sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain them, but take the water that they've soaked in and put it aside. Take the chiles and place in a blender along with the garlic, pepper, salt, and 1 to 1/2 cups of the soaking liquid. Purée until sauce is smooth. Taste. If you want more heat, add a seed or two and purée again.
- Mix olive oil in with the sauce and toss the chili sauce in with the squash.
- Lay squash out on a baking tray and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes, turning the squash over halfway throughout the bake time.
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo Vegan