Satsuma, Root Veggie, Beet Green and Microgreen Salad
TAGGED : Salad, SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
If you’re incorporating some whole fruits (up to 2x / day) in your Sugar Detox program, then this salad has a nice combination of sweet citrus and bitter bite—the latter compliments of the beet greens and daikon radish microgreens.
- Beet greens from a few beets, finely chopped
- 1 Chioggia beet, cut in matchsticks
- 2 carrots, spiralized
- 2 ounces of daikon radish microgreens
- 1 ounce of kale microgreens
- 1/2 satsuma mandarin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 teaspoon of sherry vinegar
- Toss the beet greens, microgreens, carrots, and beets together with a mixture of olive oil, lemon, lemon zest and sherry vinaigrette.
- Top with some slices of satsuma. For extra citrus flavor, squeeze a few satsumas over the top of the salad.
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo Vegan