Sautéed Kale with Citrus Sauce
TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
Kale is one of the versatile greens that can be eaten fresh, steamed, sautéed or baked. “I like to add citrus to the kale,” Chef Audrey Snyder told me. “It helps to reduce the bitterness in the leaves.”
- 1 bunch of Lacinato kale, torn
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- sea salt, to taste
- Heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat in a pot. Add garlic. Simmer for 3-4 minutes. Reduce to low heat.
- Add torn kale leaves to pot. Stir so that leaves get covered with olive oil. Add top to pot and let steam for 2-3 minutes.
- Juice an orange over the kale. Add salt. Stir. Let steam for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from stove top. Serve with lemon slices.
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo Vegan