Sautéed Shiitake and Red Onions with Roasted Sunchokes over Spinach
TAGGED : Salad, SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
Chef Audrey Snyder made this wholesome salad with lightly sautéed shiitake mushrooms and red onions alongside roasted sunchokes.
- 1/2 pound of sunchokes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 8 ounces of whole shiitake mushrooms
- 4 ounces spinach
- ground pepper, to taste
- For the sunchokes, preheat the oven to 350°F. Scrub the tubers and cut out any eyes. Slice the tubers in halves. Mix with about 1 tbsp of olive oil and salt in a large bowl then arrange the pieces on a baking sheet. Roast for 35-40 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. Either keep them in if you like them more caramelized or remove them. Add the mushrooms, tossing occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add between 1 tbsp of water to the skillet to give some moisture to the mushrooms. Reduce to low and let steam for about 2 minutes longer.
- Remove sunchokes, onions and mushrooms. Toss them into a large bowl. Next take your spinach and take the last 1 tbsp of olive oil and some salt and pepper to mix through the greens. Add the onions, shiitake and sunchokes to the top.
Vegetarian Non-Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo Vegan