Seared Scallops over Marinated Mushrooms, Corn Mash and Red Sorrel
TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
If you’re staying away from all starches, then disregard the corn-potato mash and just serve the scallops over red-veined sorrel and mushrooms. The dish will be equally delightful!
- 6 scallops
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- handful of red-veined sorrel
- 1 cup of mushrooms of your choice
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 small potatoes, peeled
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- spritz of lemon
- Place on a paper towel and pat dry. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place scallops in the skillet and cook until golden brown—about 3 minutes/side—but depending on how thick the scallop is.
- Sauté mushrooms in 1 tbsp of olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Salt and pepper them. Adding herbs, such as thyme, is optional.
- Boil two small potatoes, remove from pot and drain. Take fresh corn and simmer in ghee until soft. Mash potatoes and corn together in with the ghee. Salt to taste.
- Plate scallops over the mushrooms, mashed corn and red-veined sorrel.
Non-Vegetarian Paleo Pescatarian