TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
Chef Audrey Snyder made this incredible shakshuka dish with recipe compliments of Fouad Kallamni, who’s behind Mina Harissa. A delicious treat for breakfast, lunch OR dinner!
- 24-28 ounce can of peeled plum tomatoes, diced or crush with your hands
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (add more to taste)
- 1/2 cup of Mina Harissa
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet. Add onion and sweat for a few minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Then add tomatoes, herbs, spices and harissa. Cover and bring to a simmer on medium heat. Allow the sauce to cook for 30 minutes occasionally stirring.
- Once sauce comes together, slightly reduce heat (low enough to maintain a simmer).
- Crack eggs over top, cover tightly making sure no steam can escape and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked and the yolks are partially runny.
- Garnish with a little chopped parsley and serve immediately with crusty sourdough bread. Enjoy!
Vegetarian Nut-free Paleo