Shredded Cabbage & Carrot Confetti Salad
TAGGED : Salad, SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
Cabbage and carrots don’t sound like the most appetizing meal—but rest assured, it is both filling and refreshing. Rachel Lauginiger chopped up this confetti-style salad with local ingredients. Here’s how you can do it too:
- 4 cups finely shredded organic red cabbage
- 4 cups finely shredded green or savoy cabbage
- 3-4 carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup of flat parsley, de-stemmed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice or sherry vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- finely chopped mint leaves (optional)
- Make sure cabbage, carrots and parsley (mint optional) are chopped and shredded. Add them to a bowl.
- Combine lemon juice (or sherry vinegar), olive oil and salt to a separate bowl. Stir. Add that dressing to the cabbage and carrots. Toss and serve.
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Vegan