Slow-roasted Herb Roast Beef
TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
Lunches with the folks over at Good Eggs is always a feast—and the day Chef Rachel Lauginiger prepared an unctuous roast beef with mixed green and chili and sage acorn squash was no exception. Vegetarians and vegans might want to opt out of the beef, but for those that don’t shy away from a good roast, here’s the recipe below.
- 1.5-pound eye round roast
- 2 cloves garlic, slivered
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sage, dried or fresh
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried or fresh
- Cut slits in the fat of the roast and insert garlic slices.
- Season roast with salt, pepper, sage and oregano (or really any herbs of your choice). If you can, season a day before to get the most flavor.
- Place the roast with the fat on the bottom of a roasting pan with just a little water.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place in oven for between 40-60 minutes or until internal temperature is between 130-140°F on a meat thermometer. Rest meat for about 15-20 minutes before carving.