Steamed Broccoli and Kalamata Olives
TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
Plain old steamed veggies can be rather bland. I like this recipe because the Kalamata olives give the right amount of saltiness to each bite of broccoli.
- 1 pound of broccoli florets, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12-15 Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste (if needed)
- Place broccoli florets in a steamer basket. Bring water to a boil in a covered pot. Cook broccoli so it's cooked but crisp, about 3-5 minutes. Remove broccoli and place in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the olives and garlic. Stir for 1 minute. Next add the lemon juice, broccoli, and pepper. Taste to see if you need more salt. Mix and serve!
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo Vegan