Sunny Side Up Egg in Avocado Boat
TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
I’ve seen a recipe similar to this around the web—calling for baking an egg in an avocado—but I have an old oven and the best way for me to get the egg just perfect is to sauté in a pan. For meat eaters, you can pair this avocado, eggs and tomato with some strips of uncured, pastured-bacon—but for non-meat eaters—this breakfast has enough protein to get you out the door and on your way.
- 1 avocado, halved
- 2 medium-sized pastured eggs
- 1/4 heirloom tomato
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- basil, chiffonade
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- crumble of goat cheese feta
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Crack two eggs, season with a little salt and pepper and cover for 2-3 minutes. Cook to your preference.
- While eggs are cooking, slice open an avocado, spoon out 1-2 tbsp of avocado so an egg can fit in the hollow of the avocado. Slice tomatoes and place to the side of the plate.
- Remove the egg with a solid metal spatula. Place gently in the avocado. Season with a little more salt, pepper and cumin.
- Add basil on top of the eggs and the tomato. Crumble a little goat cheese feta on top. Note: I typically don't use dairy in my sugar detox recipes, but when I do, it's often used as a complimentary taste to a much more robust dish.
Vegetarian Gluten-free Nut-free