Sunny Side Up Egg over Roasted Cauliflower and Bacon with Potato Hash
TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
For vegetarians, you can forgo the bacon—but otherwise this is a delightful breakfast or brunch, carefully crafted by the folks over at Good Eggs.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 bok choy head, cut and quartered
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2-3 strips of bacon, sautéd and cut
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped, as garnish
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Russet or Yukon Gold potato, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 eggs, pastured
- Place strips of bacon on a pan over medium heat. Sauté for 30 seconds on each side, or until crispy. Place on a paper towel to de-grease the strips a bit and set aside. In the same pan, sauté the sliced red onion for about 3-5 minutes. Add the cauliflower florets to the mix and sauté until lightly browning around the edges, about 7 minutes.
- Take the bok choy and place in pan as well. Cover the pan and turn down to low, letting the cauliflower caramelize slowly for 12 minutes.
- Toss and set aside.
- For potato hash: Place olive oil in a new pan. Cook shredded potatoes in pan for 3 minutes. Add any spice that you may like—including salt and pepper. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, making sure the potatoes are not sticking to the bottom of the pan. Cover and let cook for a few more minutes
- Remove the hash brown and plate.
- For the egg: Place in the pan with any leftover olive oil or bacon grease. Cover the eggs for about 3 minutes or until it's to the consistency you like. Place over potato hash or cauliflower!
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Paleo