Thai Nam Sod (Spicy Thai Pork Salad in Lettuce Cups)
TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
Ever since eating Rachel’s recipe for Thai Nam Sod over at Good Eggs, I decided to make a version of my own on a couple of occasions. It’s super simple to do and takes no time at all.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- handful of pine nuts
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambal olek or chili paste
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons shaved almonds
- sprigs of fresh mint, chopped
- chives, fresh, chopped
- 1 head of Bibb lettuce
- Add olive oil to a pan and sauté pine nuts and garlic until lightly browned, around 2 minutes.
- Add ground pork to the pan. Cook on medium heat until slightly browned. Add some fish sauce, then add the chives.
- Once finished, remove pork to a bowl, draining any extra liquid. Toss with lime juice, scallions, fresh mint and almonds.
- Add chile paste for a little kick. Adjust the seasoning as you like. Serve on Bibb lettuce leaves or eat straight as is!
Non-Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Paleo