Vegetarian Summer Rolls
TAGGED : SUGAR DETOX RECIPE
Sometimes the joy of cooking is all about experimentation and making foods you have never made before. Last night for dinner with Elettra and Chrissie, I made vegetarian summer rolls for the first time. I was not only surprised how easy and fast they were to make, but also how affordable! I even provided some links to the best brown rice noodles and rice skin below to make it super easy for you.
- 1 cup, brown rice vermicelli, cooked
- 8 brown rice skins
- 1 small cucumber, match-sticked
- 2 baby zucchini, match-sticked
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- few sprigs of mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thai basil
- 1/4 cup red mustard microgreens
- 1/4 cup kale microgreens
- Prep all the veggies beforehand and set up stations. I had thai basil and mint ready to go because I've been growing them in my house for years.
- Drop some of the brown rice noodles into a pot of boiling water for about 2-3 minutes. Remove them from the boiling water to drain. Run under cold water so they don't overcook.
- Next, take a rice paper skin and dip it in water for around 20 seconds so it's thoroughly wet. Place it on a flat, clean surface. Add the veggies and the noodles. Roll the rice paper and fold in the edges.
Vegetarian Dairy-free Gluten-free Nut-free Vegan